Availability of reliable and skilled technicians for emergency repair jobs can be a boon for homeowners. When you quickly need a plumber to fix a clogged toilet or an electrician to change faulty wires, you might be tempted to pay any amount of money for urgent home repair jobs. Or perhaps you are not sure about the costs of these tasks and are apprehensive about the expenditures you might incur.
In any case, you can’t ignore the plumbing or electric repairs forever. Therefore, it can help to know what exactly you can expect to pay for home plumbing or electric services. And if you need trustworthy and standard priced services, Tapp Me is there for you!
Factors determining the costs
There are many factors that can influence the cost of plumbing or electrician services, such as –
- Location – Cost of living of a city or town can influence prices of services especially in the unorganized sector.
- Nature of the job – Installation work always costs more than small repair jobs. However, extensive repair jobs can be costly depending on the work involved in a project.
- Experience – Experience of a technician for complicated jobs may add up in terms of cost of the job.
The cost of plumbing repairs
Plumbing services can range from leaky taps, clogged drains or toilets, new fittings and other works such as water heater or sump pump repairs.
- Any plumber can provide you with fixed rates for installation services for common fixtures such as taps, wall showers or washbasins. Expect to pay in the range of INR 150 to INR 175 for a single tap installation and up to INR 500 for a washbasin installation.
- Most professional plumbing contractors will provide you a quote for repair and new installation work only after inspecting the damages and the fixtures respectively. For common jobs such as washbasin repair, you can expect the charges to be in the range of INR 200 to INR 300.
The cost of electrical repairs
Electrical repairs can include a host of jobs related to sockets, switches, wires, gadgets and appliances.
- For small repair jobs such as rewinding of the fan motor, the charges can be around INR 300 to 350. For fan removal or fitting, the rates can be around INR 150. Door bell repair can cost up to INR 150. Socket fitting can be around INR 25; expect to pay around the same amount for changing simple light fixtures or bulbs.
- For any wiring work, appliance and other repairs, most electricians will offer you a quotation only after inspecting the damage.
Finding economical plumbing and electric repair services
There are ways to find repair services that are affordable yet reliable.
Independent contractors can charge a visiting fee depending on the inspection work involved for a job. One way to work around this problem is to hire skilled technicians through home service companies who do not charge any visiting fee.
You can also get a sense of pricing from several local electricians or plumbers and compare them with rates of home service companies to find technicians offering economical rates.